GREENSAND FILTER MEDIA : POOL SAND FILTER.
Greensand Filter Media
- The selected materials in a filter that form the barrier to the passage of filterable suspended solids or dissolved molecules. Filter media are used to remove undesirable materials, tastes and odors from a water supply.
- Material through which water, wastewater, or other liquid is passed for the purpose of purification, treatment, or conditioning. (2) A cloth or metal material of some appropriate design used to intercept sludge solids in sludge filtration.
- device that uses materials designed to treat effluent by reducing BOD and/or removing suspended solids in an unsaturated environment; biological treatment is facilitated via microbial growth on the surface of the media.
- A natural mineral, primarily composed of complex silicates, which possesses ion exchange properties.
- an olive-green sandstone containing glauconite
- A greenish kind of sandstone, often loosely consolidated
- A variety of sandstone, usually imperfectly consolidated, consisting largely of glauconite, a silicate of iron and potash of a green color, mixed with sand and a trace of phosphate of lime.
Filox media, 1/2 cu. ft. bag of Filox iron sulfur filter
Filox* is used for removing iron, hydrogen sulfide, and manganese from water
supplies. It is amedia that utilizes an oxidation-reduction reaction and filtration process similar to Greensand, but at a much higher level of performance. Filox* contains a minimum 75% manganese dioxide in an extremely unique cluster format for enhanced performance and maximized capacity. Filox* out performs Greensand, Birm, and pyrolox, etc. due to the purity of its particles, superior oxidation/filtration capacity, and durability. It is recommended that Filox* be installed with an underbed and be backwashed daily. Individual application requirements may vary.
Frog - greensand
-TSP iron phosphate chrome-tin terra sig 8-6-11
Frog wall tile: 9 1/2" in diameter.
Greensand clay body with added TSP - Tsp is trisodium phosphate, NaPO4, a cleaner (solubility 1.5 g/100 ml at 25 C and 8.8 g/100 ml at 25 C). The TSP migrates to the surface of the piece during drying and later combines with the iron in the clay body as firing proceeds to form a stable red-orange-brown glaze on the surface of the piece. Without the TSP at the temperature the piece was fired, the clay body would be a very light buff-tan-pink color. Fired to Cone 010 (1652 F/900 C) in an electric kiln. The frog is decorated with an OM-4 ball clay terra sigillata containing chrome and tin oxide.
First wheel thrown piece greensand
The first wheel-thrown piece has the earliest and simpliest version of my Texas greensand glazes -- that's just plain 80-mesh screened greensand at top and bottom with a middle band of greensand-Red Art in the middle. It developed a good reddish balck metallic color at cone 10 reduction (gas kiln). The inside is SF Black. This early glaze is a tad rough-surface as all quartz from the greensand did not fully melt.
greensand filter media
Rich in iron (17% iron), Greensand has been used for more than a century to ammend iron-deficient, high alkaline soils. Non-burning and easy to spread or mix, Garden-Ville Greensand is an excellent soil conditioner for lawns, gardens, trees and shrubs. Can also be used in Potting Mixes to reduce the need for water
ing. Garden-Ville Greensand is a natural mineral that helps loosen clay soils. Greensand is an excellent source of available iron along with many other plant nutrients that settled to the bottom of pre-historic lakes and is now mined in Texas.
See also: low pass filter frequency response whatman filter paper sizes easy set pool filter fiberglass filter bag water filter housing manufacturers ro uv filter filter coffee machines commercial
- 23:03 |
Comment is pending approval.
Comment is pending administrator's approval.
- 2017/04/05(水) 11:25:41 |
- [ Edit ]